The new Egg

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Roster-HL, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Roster-HL

Roster-HL New Egg

Apr 17, 2008
    FL
    While bring some wood home from the Depot, I was stopped and questioned by my neighbor asking, "Going to build something" and yes I had to say it. “No I just wanted to see if my truck could carry the wood. Oh, he replied. However, I could use your help unloading this wood for the new chicken coop my wife wants. Oh---- Ok. As we unloaded the wood together, I learned a lot about chickens from my good and helpful neighbor. Don’t worry I want use any of his well-indented information. After all, I am from the city myself and have learned you can get yourself into a real fix taking advice form another city boy on country issues. My wife is the expert on country life and this forum I hope will help to understand a little more on the subject of chickens. --- YES? Forums have been a grate cyberspace tool in understanding things. As you can see, I am a new egg here with you Backyard Chicken lovers. Together I hope we can create a fun loving relationship in me understanding this wonderful and fun “new” world of chickens.

I am now retired after 35 years of working full-time to now working part-time with my wife. Work is a good thing, and I enjoy the rest after. No matter how clean I think I am, my wife seems to think I could always see I had another bath. For a while, I felt it was just the beer and cigars she was smelled.

To give you an idea of how she thinks, let me tell you this short story. One day I was watching a little TV drinking a bottle of water. I put the bottle on the floor next to my chair empty. My wife noticed and responded as if a firefighter to a fire. She began informing me to place all empty bottles in the recycling bend. You got it, a few days pasted by and I left another empty bottle next to my chair. That evening I started to place yet another empty bottle and saw that two more empties were added to the mix. I left them, as you would have gusted. The next day I completed my third and saw that three more empty bottles had been added to the growing collection. I called out to my loving wife “Precious”----what is with the collection of empty bottles next to my chair. She informed me-----HL, if you recall I had asked you to place all empty bottles in the recycling bend. -------Yes! I replied, so when I saw the empty bottle next to your chair, -- I thought you had just moved the recycling bend next to your chair.

Roster-HL
    Florida

2. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    [​IMG]

Welcome - I am also new here. My hubby is also the city boy and I grew up on a farm. Sure makes for an interesting life [​IMG]

3. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Welcome to BYC, Roster-HL. I am guilty of doing similar things to my dear husband. Ha! It breaks his habits quickly. LOL

5. Roster-HL

Roster-HL New Egg

Apr 17, 2008
    FL
    Thanks for the fast response, and yes, she has a wonderful way of making you think the next time around the subject... She has me cleaning, washing, making coffee each morning and how and why it all got started I am at a total loss. When things do not work, she waits until I need them to let me know-----it may need to be fixed, HL what do you think? ---what do I think, did you know something was wrong with it. She replies, not sure, it seemed to work fine once. Knowing that your now looking into it, I know it will work like it did before. ..............

One day the light burned out and she asked me why it was so dark. I said the light burned out, Oh she replies here is a new light bulb, ------can you make it work again. When I leave things about the house, she finds them and I find them in my chair. When I ask. She replies I did not know where you wanted it placed, so I put it where you would find it. Whatever she is doing it works, so now I understand the “He is like an extra pocket on the shirt”.

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Hahahahaha! Get that woman on the chicken channel (as Yogi calls BYC)!

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by