The new Egg

Roster-HL

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
FL
While bring some wood home from the Depot, I was stopped and questioned by my neighbor asking, "Going to build something" and yes I had to say it. “No I just wanted to see if my truck could carry the wood. Oh, he replied. However, I could use your help unloading this wood for the new chicken coop my wife wants. Oh---- Ok. As we unloaded the wood together, I learned a lot about chickens from my good and helpful neighbor. Don’t worry I want use any of his well-indented information. After all, I am from the city myself and have learned you can get yourself into a real fix taking advice form another city boy on country issues. My wife is the expert on country life and this forum I hope will help to understand a little more on the subject of chickens. --- YES? Forums have been a grate cyberspace tool in understanding things. As you can see, I am a new egg here with you Backyard Chicken lovers. Together I hope we can create a fun loving relationship in me understanding this wonderful and fun “new” world of chickens.

I am now retired after 35 years of working full-time to now working part-time with my wife. Work is a good thing, and I enjoy the rest after. No matter how clean I think I am, my wife seems to think I could always see I had another bath. For a while, I felt it was just the beer and cigars she was smelled.

To give you an idea of how she thinks, let me tell you this short story. One day I was watching a little TV drinking a bottle of water. I put the bottle on the floor next to my chair empty. My wife noticed and responded as if a firefighter to a fire. She began informing me to place all empty bottles in the recycling bend. You got it, a few days pasted by and I left another empty bottle next to my chair. That evening I started to place yet another empty bottle and saw that two more empties were added to the mix. I left them, as you would have gusted. The next day I completed my third and saw that three more empty bottles had been added to the growing collection. I called out to my loving wife “Precious”----what is with the collection of empty bottles next to my chair. She informed me-----HL, if you recall I had asked you to place all empty bottles in the recycling bend. -------Yes! I replied, so when I saw the empty bottle next to your chair, -- I thought you had just moved the recycling bend next to your chair.

Roster-HL
Florida

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome - I am also new here. My hubby is also the city boy and I grew up on a farm. Sure makes for an interesting life
wink.png

Thanks for the fast response, and yes, she has a wonderful way of making you think the next time around the subject... She has me cleaning, washing, making coffee each morning and how and why it all got started I am at a total loss. When things do not work, she waits until I need them to let me know-----it may need to be fixed, HL what do you think? ---what do I think, did you know something was wrong with it. She replies, not sure, it seemed to work fine once. Knowing that your now looking into it, I know it will work like it did before. ..............

One day the light burned out and she asked me why it was so dark. I said the light burned out, Oh she replies here is a new light bulb, ------can you make it work again. When I leave things about the house, she finds them and I find them in my chair. When I ask. She replies I did not know where you wanted it placed, so I put it where you would find it. Whatever she is doing it works, so now I understand the “He is like an extra pocket on the shirt”.

Back
Top Bottom