The new house came with cats! Anyone want a kitty in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by watchdogps, Aug 25, 2011.

1. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Well, first we found a three week old kitten in the basement when we were looking at the house. We took her home and raised her. No idea how or why she was in there.
    Now, a VERY pregnant cat shows up. I mean, she will probably pop in the next few days.
    We have three cats already, and I cant afford to be spaying all these cats! Of course, I WILL, so we don't have 42 next year, but if anyone might want one, let me know. We are in Bucyrus Ohio, and so far we have a 12 week old longhaired tiger female, and mom is under 1 yr, shorthair tiger, and who knows what little treasures she holds...

2. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Reminds me of a story I heard of a country house that was sold with 6 resident cats. They people purchased the house with the agreement the cats could live out their lives there and have shelter and food in one of the outbuildings. In exchange they got six thousand dollars off the purchase price of the house.

3. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck.

4. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Hmm..too bad we didnt get a deal like that. These didnt belong to the last resident, they just hang out here.
    At one of our other houses, the next door neighbor dog came with the house - twice! His original owner just left him there, then the next people left him too! He died before he got a 4th owner.

5. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    When we bought our ranch, the previous owners asked if we would keep the resident dog. We already had two dogs but said if he got along with our girls we would. We had him for 10 years before old age took him. I started telling everyone we bought the dog and the ranch came with him. It was a good investment as he was a great dog.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Our old house came with a litter of pups under the house. SEVEN of them. We kept this one.

[​IMG]

His name is Scooter and he is the BEST dog ever!!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by