The new official awesomely cool Mallard Duck Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Chriswardens52, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Chriswardens52

Chriswardens52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    DuckVille Montana
    OK folks so it is time to start sharing some mallard ducks pictures of all ages even eggs haha. So please share any mallard pictures that u have.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:31 whole posts, "new official awesomely cool" and no pictures. You have a lot of nerve newby, you should fit right in.~gd

3. Chriswardens52

Apr 21, 2011
    DuckVille Montana
    Hehe you wanted pics so I got some pics. Dont mind the horrible pics because my camera on my phone is horrible/

Here is my bravest of the drakes "puff daddy" also a show off.

[​IMG]

Here is my flock of mallards

[​IMG]

And here is my mallards next to their temporary momma my khaki campbell hen "Lucky"

[​IMG]

4. RoosterGeek

RoosterGeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Lebanon, TN
    Quote:31 whole posts, "new official awesomely cool" and no pictures. You have a lot of nerve newby, you should fit right in.~gd

This is the first BYC post I have seen that takes this tone. If the community is not interested in Chris Warden's post then it will not receive replies and thus be buried/pushed down the list. This could be a younger individual as well. Acting towards a newer member like you did isn't conducive to attracting other members. If anything, this person's enthusiasm should have been encouraged.

I mainly hang out in the meat bird section and we certainly don't respond to each other in the manner you did.

Perhaps this is the normal etiquette for this section of the forum? I hope not.

5. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL

This is the first BYC post I have seen that takes this tone. If the community is not interested in Chris Warden's post then it will not receive replies and thus be buried/pushed down the list. This could be a younger individual as well. Acting towards a newer member like you did isn't conducive to attracting other members. If anything, this person's enthusiasm should have been encouraged.

I mainly hang out in the meat bird section and we certainly don't respond to each other in the manner you did.

Perhaps this is the normal etiquette for this section of the forum? I hope not.

He was just joking. [​IMG]

6. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

Here's Edward. (And yes he is named after the Edward on Twilight... Just sayin'.)

7. Chriswardens52

Apr 21, 2011
    DuckVille Montana
    Haha yes I do believe he was joking. Anyways don't let that stop us from uploading more pictures . And btw Edward sure does look goofy haha. [​IMG]

8. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:Don't be crackin' on my duck.

9. ericdc

ericdc Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    my 22 mallards are 9 weeks old. I have 15 drakes and 7 hens. Should have plenty of fertile eggs next spring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the other day a dog made a run at them and they flew into the pond. He pursued them by swimming into the water and they took off and circled the pond about 5 times before landing in the middle. The dog went back to the bank and left. He's gonna have a tough time getting within sniffing distance of my ducks, they're pretty slick.

10. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    Yours can fly at 9 weeks?!? Mine are almost 4 months and can just now get 6 inches off the ground if they are standing. They can only fly about 4 ft if they jump off the ramp.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by