The new pope!! ok people out've respect lets not get this thread locked!

MeatKing

Songster
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Near Ottawa Ontario Canada
The new Pope has made me smile already.. Seem we do have a few things i disagree upon. Excpected, none the less. But on a happy note, He prefers the simple life, a small apartment, not the residence he was entitled to as Archbishop of Buenos Aires. He likes public transit, and "He accused fellow church leaders of hypocrisy and forgetting that Jesus Christ bathed lepers and ate with prostitutes". Am very happy we have a new pope. He's trying to remember where we came from XOXO

Are you happy with the new Pope choice? Who would you have choose insted?

Last edited:
Well, I would have preferred Timothy Dolan, but I'm biased because he was in Wisconsin prior to becoming a cardinal. I love his jovial attitude.

The Catholic church needs some major reforming, so I'm glad they chose who they did, I think he will do a good job...I HOPE he will do a good job and rejuvenate the church, help to bring closure to the scandals, and bring back those that have left the religion in the hopes of finding something better.

He seems, on the face of it, to be a breath of fresh air. Younger and livelier. However, he is a conservative and the RC Church needs some radical changes. Let's see how he performs.

The Phillipino Cardinal seemed to have been a good bet too but that country is riddled with dodgy priests from other countries so he may not have tacked the main issue, paedophilia.

Good luck to the new Pope.

I think the new Pope will be good for the church. I like his stance on poverty and hypocrisy. Reforms take time and should be considered. There are churches that have reformed themselves out of existence in their effort to appeal to the masses. Although the Pope is from Argentina, his parents were Italian immigrants, this will please the Italians.

Francisco!!!!!!! That's a fun name. Francisco!!!
lau.gif

Yeah you got it!!!! That is my favorite movie! We should so hang out in the shiny mail room together!!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom