the new shipment came in, well almost

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by red rooster, Dec 5, 2007.

1. red rooster

red rooster New Egg

Nov 10, 2007
    I had ordered 12 buffs, 12 rhode islands, and 12 barred rock. They messed up my order and only sent me the buffs. I called them back and was told the others would be shipped asap. My first batch of 38 were killed by a stray cat, that wont be happening again as I have completely enclosed my run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Gosh, they are so cute, I never tire of "baby" pictures. [​IMG]
    Sorry to hear you order was messed up, who did you order from? It seems late in the year for anyone to be shipping. Where are you located? Must be someplace warm, I envy you that. My pullets have quit laying for the winter. [​IMG]

3. red rooster

red rooster New Egg

Nov 10, 2007
    I ordered from dark eggs, and i think i must have gotten some of the last batches because on there site it says they are out of everything. I live in san antonio texas so its pretty nice outside rightnow and should be nice for the rest of the winter. The days are usually in the 50's 60's in december

4. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    You ordered exactly what my wife and I ordered the very first time. You will be hooked ! Let me tell you, we spent hours out in the coop after they were about 8 weeks old. The Buffs spent most of their time either untieing our boots or sitting on our laps.........The barred rocks did about the same thing and the RIR's just thought everyone else was crazy. We got hooked in those days and have more than our share of birds now! Good luck, you'll need it.

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I'm having chick withdrawal. I need some buff's [​IMG]

6. NC chicken man

NC chicken man Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Mt. Pleasant,NC
    Yea I got my chicks this morning 50 brown egg layers and 5 leghorns from Moyers that got me back up to about 150 or so now.

7. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    red rooster did the shipping label read cameron tx?
    just curious about where they ship from. thanks

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  8. NC chicken man

NC chicken man Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Mt. Pleasant,NC
    No mine came from Moyers 3 or 4 years back I ordered some from McMurry and they came from cameron Tx that was the last time I ordered from them.

9. red rooster

red rooster New Egg

Nov 10, 2007
    Quote:No was marked pearblossom california

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by