The New Super Chicks - -

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Davaroo, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    One of the gals at work gave me some eggs from her "two egg a day" chicken. I told her a chicken cannot lay two eggs a day, chicken physiology being what it is and all. But she insisted hers do.
    So I asked her if she would give me some eggs from the hens and well, here are are the results:

[​IMG]

This is the small brooder box I use for just a few chickies. Recycled Coroplast and box fan screen for cover.

[​IMG]
    The Super Chickies. They went nuts during todays pine shaving addition and got a little on themselves.

Will they live up to their reputation? Who knows. I'm a realist, so we'll wait and see.

2. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    They are soooo cute....Are they Buff Orpingtons? How old are they? I have three that will be 6 days tomorrow......but I have not introduced the pine shavings yet. I wasn't sure if they would try and eat it.

3. GlacierNan

GlacierNan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Elderoo,
    Keep me posted on the SuperChicks!
    I'll buy a bator just for some of your/their eggs!!

Lindsey

4. Coop-a-kick

Coop-a-kick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Maybe she meant that the bird in question lays one super (cute!!!) egg a day and then a normal one. She obviously gave you the cute ones. [​IMG]

The three chicks in profile all look like they're giving you Blue Steel but the one looking into the distance is practicing her Le Tigre. They are really really, really really, really ridiculously good looking little chicks!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  5. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    Keep us posted,,, I would love to have a hen that lays two eggs a day [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    Those look like super chicks to me....super cute! [​IMG]

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I added pine shavings on day two because mine kept tearing at the paper towel to get to it. They all did fine.

8. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    UPDATE:
    The Super Chicks are doing what all chicks do - growing!
    Here they are today:

[​IMG]

This is them, the 10th of June. What a difference 5 days makes:

[​IMG]

Tomorrow Im getting the large brooder cage set up for them. These little buggers cant stay in the box much longer [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by