the newest diapered duck minion

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by eggybritches, Jan 24, 2010.

1. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Nettie's done it. I swore that I would never have an indoor duck, but then I got the diapers for my baby and now...

I don't think I ever want her to live outside! lol She's such a joy to have in the house, and she gets along so good with the dogs.

Here's my little Delia girl and her snazzy new diaper harness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eggybritches

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Also, I have a question about feet.

I think Delia may be pigeon toed (this isn't because of the diapering, she was like this ever since I can remember). She's always stood on her own feet. She walks normal, but when she stops or starts she stumbles because she's standing on her feet. Is this a baby thing? Will she grow out of it? I can't remember my others being like this, but with Delia living in the house I think I notice a lot more.

3. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Awesome duck, lol. I just got some shoes in from nettie. And I'm already thinking about ordering a harness too. I don't think I can stand changing diapers every 4 hours though, hehe. I wonder the same thing about my duck, she doesn't do it all the time...but she does stand in her feet. Doesn't seem to stop her from doing anything.

4. Duck_feeder

Duck_feeder Drowning in feathers!

Oct 22, 2009
    Chicago
    Delia looks so much like my Norie! I'm glad you're happy with the diapers!

All of our ducks step on their own feet once in a while (Ming Mei does it a lot) so I wouldn't worry. The adults usually don't stumble much when they do that but once in a while they will. Delia is probably just not as good at quickly regaining her balance yet because she's so young. I know Moxy's and Norie's balance improved a lot once they were 5 weeks old and their legs strengthened.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  5. jack & mommy's duckies

jack & mommy's duckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    Where do you get the duckie diapers. I so want to have a duck or 4 in the house they just poop too much. And diapers would solve that problem. I live in Canada

6. eggybritches

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    jack & mommy's duckies :

Where do you get the duckie diapers. I so want to have a duck or 4 in the house they just poop too much. And diapers would solve that problem. I live in Canada

I got my diapers from Nettie at indoorducks.com. She hand-makes them for you. I love it. And the shiny ones look great on my black duck! lol​

7. OverEggstended

OverEggstended Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    SW Washington State
    These guys have diapers, harnesses, and even outfits for ducks!
    (They make stuff for parrots too... so I had them bookmarked)

http://www.flightquarters.com/bird-diapers/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AFF&Category_Code=DDD

They make fleecy sweaters for parrots that feather pick that are really very nice. My friend has a neurotic cockatoo that wears one. My sweety wants one of the flightsuits for parrots... they are esentially parrot diapers. A lot of people in the parrot group I belong to swear by them.

8. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    OMG!!! I want a mini harness!!! Ohh I'm going to have to get a hold of Nettie Here soon, I dont know I can resist!!!

9. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    OMG where can you get them and how much?!?!?!?! small and big ones!!

10. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Oh she is sooo adorable!!!! She looks just like our Norie! (Norie has a shiny yellow harness too, lol).

These harnesses that eggbritches has on her duckling are the first durable ones I've made for ducklings for my website (link in my siggy). She is testing the different sizes for me to make sure they fit properly through the ducklings first 8 weeks. Once the testing is done, I'll have them up at the site with all the info about them!

there is info about the adult harnesses up on my site as well. those are for sale now while we finish building our site. you can find the available colors/prices by clicking the link in my signature and by clicking the first topic the site displays. Hopefully that helps!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by