The Night of the Silent Film Star, or: How DD is driving me nuts.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by insiderart, Sep 1, 2009.

1. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Breathe...... in through the nose, out through the mouth.

This evening DD is giving the dramatic movie star divas of old a run for their money. She's been sent to bed early because overacting is obviously a sign of tiredness, right? Right? At least at this house it is.

I'll be expecting the Oscar nominations call this spring. If my head doesn't explode before then.

Breathing....

2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:*passes the advil*
    It's been all drama for my boy too, there's coffee made and irish cream in the cabinet above.

3. claud

claud Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    Oh, my. How old is DD?

4. insiderart

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    DD is 9.

I'm going to go check my blood pressure, I bet it's astronomical. What's the moon phase tonight.

And as if that wasn't enough hystrionics "Buffy" the 3 d.o. silkie who is by herself got cranked up screaming for attention.

I am diva'd OUT!

*rejects the coffee and swigs directly from the irish cream bottle*

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:Waxing gibbious about 30% I'd say (Be nice I just learned how to tell this last year). My son's 9 heaven help us if this is the preview for teen years. Just wipe the lipstick off the bottle ok?

6. insiderart

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Quote:Yeah, unfortunately a little early to blame it on the moon. At least my BP was in the normal range. I should have taken it an hour ago, I bet that would have been interesting!

Mine is an only, with all the attendant high maintenance issues that come from being an only. Usually a really good kid, because I'm pretty strict. But she does have her moments (obviously). And people wonder why one of my eyeballs is popping out in my avatar.....

I may have to take up drinking to make it through those teen years if this is an indication of what we are in for!! [​IMG]

7. claud

claud Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    Oh, boy. This is just a preview.
    Challenging but not impossible.
    Just try not to pick up too many bad habits in the next 8 years or so. [​IMG]

8. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Don't forget to get her the fainting couch. [​IMG]

My 10 y/o diva needs to have her meltdown, stomp off to her bed for about 15-20 minutes, then she needs me to come up and give her big hugs and snuggles and all is right with the world.

ETA: I love to blame other people's children for the behaviours that annoy me in my own [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  9. insiderart

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Ooo yes, we could have used a fainting couch tonight. And maybe a dramatic musical score.

10. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I have a 9yo DD Total Drama Queen, too! We're working on back talk right now - everything we say she wants to negotiate - really makes my blood boil! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by