the nitty gritty on DIRECT BUY

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Nov 18, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    anyway we were asked to come to an "open house" at this place called direct buy.. aparently you purchase a membership and then they connect you directly with the manufactuer.. they claim to take no cut and only profits they get is from membership dues.. very nice building we went into by the way.. but does anyone have any info on this.. one thing that I didnt like is that they would not tell me what the dues were I had to sit through a big speal with no kids allowed.. we didnt know no kids and had our son with us..

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

that whole thing is like buying a time share. Yeah there are discounts - on stuff that started out at $25,000 is now only $10,000. Personally I will stick with places like Living Spaces....

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:my mom's neighbor did this. they said they didn't like it in the end. there were like only four times a year they could actually buy things. it was a waste of money in their opinion.

4. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    you have a membership??? oh and then they told us that once we came to the open house we had to make the decision right then and there buy it then or never again would we get the offer.. that sent red flags running off in my head.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  5. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

6. Krysstyllanthrox

Krysstyllanthrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Tulsa
    Hubs and I called this place a 'cult' when they tried to get us to join. It is pricey to join, a few thousand from what I've seen/heard/read.

And the big thing for us was that the items you purchase get shipped to their warehouse where you have to pick them up. They are only open during 'normal' business hours and maybe a short time on Saturdays.

Plus the shipping took forever.

$$$$ to join + shipping to a less than ideal location + you have to pick your item up + restricted hours + any NDAs you have to sign = I finally had to get nasty to the people on the phone and tell them to leave us alone because it was such a rotten deal. I'd rather save up a few months for something I want.

7. kobesmom81

kobesmom81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Atwater, CA
    I have not had direct experiance with them but DH does home repair/remodels and he met some people who had joined and purchased everything to redo their bathroom from Direct Buy. They said that everything was cheaply made and not good quality. I would rather spend the money and know that everything I bought will hold together than get a good deal and have my bathroom/kitchen/any other room falling apart.

8. rileysgranny

rileysgranny Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    It's a RIP OFF! DH and I joined years ago, to the tune of several thousand dollars. It was a big waste of hard earned money. It makes me mad every time I hear or see an ad for it.

9. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    this is good to know... they keep calling to reschedule.. called 3 times today. and this was after noon...

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Tell them to go blow it out their.... ears.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by