The no breakfast club............

Namaste Mama

Songster
11 Years
Sep 18, 2008
AZ
Well not a single one of my girls is laying. They are all looking like they should (Combs and wattles changing colors, getting bigger booties) yet no eggs.
barnie.gif

$3.59 for a dozen eggs, they better start laying soon!
ep.gif

Anyone else want to join the no breakfast club?
D.gif

Naw, but thanks for the invite. Mine have started laying again. I am wondering why store eggs are so high where you live, I can buy large white here for less than $1.50. I'm sure your girls will start laying soon.

Ohh just rub it in why don't you?
gig.gif

I have not clue why they are so expensive. I'm sure I could shop around a get a little better deals, but the cheapest I have ever found them was 1.99 and I went to the store this morning and they have jumped up to 3.59?!?!?

I'm in the club. Dish me up some lumpy oatmeal and pour me some cold coffee. I'm in with both feet. I have 4 hens, 2 CAME as layers. But it is cold, it is dark. One girl tries her best and gives me 3 eggs a week, well she did once, but they are bantams after all. The other older one lays once a week kind of at random. The younger girls are like 8 months and not a sign of a thing. Likely if daylength is the issue that everyone says it is I will start seeing an improvement. How many bantams does it take to make a pot pie?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom