1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

The "no chickens in the city" laws in Appleton WI: does anyone have any ideas as to how to convince

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by SayYayForChicks, Jul 26, 2013.

1. SayYayForChicks

SayYayForChicks Hatching

Jul 26, 2013
    There are laws in Appleton WI banning poultry such as chickens and ducks in the city. I really want to change these laws because I really want to raise chickens and ducks in my suburban backyard. There is already a group in Appleton working to change these laws which I plan to join but I read on their website that at the moment they are mostly inactive due to a rough defeat in an argument with the city council. If anyone has any suggestions for changing the council's mind please leave a post on this thread. Thanks.

2. Ann H Csonka

Ann H Csonka Hatching

Jul 7, 2013
    Change the Council? (sometimes that is the only thing that changes the attitudes) [​IMG]
    Perhaps it would be productive to contact "Mad City Chickens" - Madison. http://madcitychickens.com/contact.html

3. My Pretties

My Pretties In the Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    I feel your pain. I am trying to get the city of Cedar Park, TX to change their stance on chickens as well. Getting a council member to answer an email has been impossible. I did send them this link http://www.imarkrealty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Why-Backyard-Chickens-in-Flower-Mound.pdf which is so well put together, anyone trying to pursuade their city should read and share with their city council. I feel there was nothing more that could be said, if this doesn't persuade a person to be in favor of chickens, they are brain dead! Chicken revolution.com is another great resource I have been using. Since I can't get anyone to discuss the issue to respond to my emails I have contacted local newspaper to see if I can get them to raise the banner. Maybe it will shame the council to at least respond! Good luck in your efforts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: