The Odessa Connection Featherhead Crew! Pics!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Jan 25, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    We brought back 5 little chicks from Odessa when we took the equipment up there and they are growing into what I think might be 3 little roos and 2 little hens. But they are beautiful birds!!
    This is Houdini,, the one who vanished yesterday and reappeared this morning:
    [​IMG]
    This is White Boy:
    [​IMG]
    These are pics trying to get everyone at least once and the tried to blend into their house:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They have green, yellow, blue and greyish legs.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    In the third pic, the three I think are roos are in the foreground, do you agree or disagree?

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I probably should have posted this in a different topic, but I'll ask anyway: In addition to the ones I think are roos, are they Barred Rocks? The only one I've had as a baby was Penny, and she didn't look like that, she got her "bars" in later!

4. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I'd say the 3 in front look like roos. White Boy is handsome. What a big comb he has.
    We had barred rocks that got their bars as their feathers came in.
    [​IMG]

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you, and thank you for looking and responding! I was getting really depressed!

6. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    The look like my BR's, except their legs are kind of funky... could the different colors mean they're crosses?

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I don't know, I'll have to PM the1much or skand and ask. They are little escape artists, Houdini taught them all his tricks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by