The Official 2009 Spring Cleaning Thread

BeardedChick

Songster
11 Years
Jun 13, 2008
The Witness Protection Program
I gotta get the intended feedroom cleaned out. I put in barrels last year that take up waaaay too much room, now you can't walk in - you just have to throw stuff in and dig for it later.

I ordered some stackable containers and they are here! IT MUST BE CLEANED!

What are your Spring cleaning projects?

smack.gif

I do not need to be reminded that I have to think about that!

Hahahaha! I am going to LOVE my new feedroom! There may even be enough space for the stinky brooder chicks.

I love garden clean up, too.
wee.gif

Also MUST clean off the workbench so I have a place to put seedlings (starting tomato seeds March 1).
woot.gif

thumbsup.gif

I have so much spring cleaning to do i am getting depressed as i think about it..

and now that the snow has started melting here in Ontario today the chore at hand is gonna be BIG!!!!

it seems that the recycling has not gone to the curb at all over the winter cause its to cold to go and sort through it (which is why i wanted it sorted before it goes out but thats a different topic) so now i have recycling all over the place and its DH's job this weekend to get it cleaned up and since there is so much we have to take it to the recycling station our selves

and then there is the poop from the winter so DS is not gonna be happy with mommy this weekend

I think DD and I will stay in the house where its warm doing inside stuff and that list is way to long to get into and i dont want to start crying...
th.gif

I have been a student for the past 9 months so now that I passed my final exam yesterday its time to pull my socks up and get this house back in order

Oh, I can't stand my house! Thank Goodness it's spring - I'd rather clean horse poop out of the corral ANY DAY.
hmm.png

The mega-heap of winter build up in the corrals is just starting to thaw out, so I've been slowly getting it transferred to the flower beds.

I am really dreading cleaning the dog yard. GROSS.
sickbyc.gif

It's warm enough outside today for shorts. But I need to de-sasquatch-ify my legs first. Get out the sheep shears, momma needs a shave! Yet another rite of Spring.
lau.gif

I started a couple weeks ago, but I keep it simple and just do one job per weekend or off week day. So far we have fertilized the garden, cleaned out the shop, cleared off the porch and swept and scrubbed it, worked on one of the larger flower beds in the front by putting weed block fabric down, bark dusting and planting ornamental grasses. I still have tons to do. Have you ever noticed that as the sun shines in through the windows, you see all the streaks of stuff all over the house? I have to assume it can only be the dogs coming in from the wet yard and shaking it all off onto the walls, furniture, appliances and every surface...even though I'm cleaning everyday, I don't see it until it starts getting sunny again and those little rays of light start shining in and telling me that I've missed a few spots...
barnie.gif

Now if I could only get my hubby to clear out the garage, fix the gutters, de moss the driveway, trim the shrubs that were all damaged by the ice storm, til the garden, mow the yard and build me another coop, I'd be happy.
ya.gif

SPRING! What are you talking about? We're having blizzard conditions here. About 7 inches and still coming down. I tryed to get to college today and there was a city bus stuck crossways in the main drag. Sat there for 1/2 hour. As far as I know the bus is still there. I went home. I guess thats what happens when you live up in the northern states. Oh, how I wish it were spring. I LOVE spring cleaning. I'll do almost anything for spring to come to us now!!! Can you tell I'm stir crazy??
barnie.gif

sandyj

Back
Top Bottom