The official "For all chicken Lovers" Thread

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bantimna, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Okay I was thinking about this, why don't we start a thread.
    This is how,
    You say your breed
    Your experience
    Your pictures
    And any thing else you want to say about your breed.
    And why you got them

Mutts pics can also be posted!
    And why you love them.

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. YakLady

YakLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Detroit area
    [​IMG]
    Little Fricken

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My boss Roo, with his mutt girls. They're mutts, but they're my mutts and I love them. Meet : Jarhead, Red, Ben Ben, Peaches, Pooh, Petunia, Snicklfritz, Sandy, Ninja, Ellie, and Fluffybutt

A scientist lady gave them to me when she lost her government funding for meat bird research. I wanted some egg layers, but didn't know where to begin. When she gave these to me, I just kind of figured it out. I'm still figuring it out, but it's alot easier than I thought it would be. Now that I have Fricken, I would like to go ahead and get some more 'fancy' breeds this Spring.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  3. Bantimna

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Some of your mutts are prettttyyyyy I'm enjoying this keep it comming [​IMG]

4. silkiefluffbum

silkiefluffbum New Egg

Oct 14, 2009
    awww, cute pics. My silkie chicken's name is so similar to yours fluffybutt my chicken's name is fluffbum![​IMG]

5. YakLady

Jul 8, 2009
    Detroit area
    Thanks! 7 of my feathered friends took on my children's nicknames.

Jarhead- my 21 yr old stepson who is a Marine.

Red- 20 year old stepdaughter who has red hair.

Ben Ben- 15 year old stepdaughter who used to love Gullah Gullah Island, especially the character Benny Benny Pollywog.

Peaches- my 18 year old daughter whose skin is like peaches and cream.

Pooh- 15 year old son who I call Pooh Bear

Petunia- my little 13 year old girl whose idea of a good time is dressing up in her fanciest attire to go roll around in the chicken pen and chase yaks through mounds of yak poo.

Snicklefritz- The youngest of the bunch. My 7 year old little boy, who is pampered, babied and protected by the siblings and animals alike. Everyone has a soft spot for little Snicklefritz. Here's a silly picture that he took of himself with my hubby and me.

[​IMG]

6. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    He Looks like his mom!

7. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Great picture of you guys YakLady! Would ya post the pic of "Mr. Unique", aka Fricken and tell why I just called him "Mr. Unique" pretty please???

8. YakLady

Jul 8, 2009
    Detroit area
    Quote:Here's Fricken by himself.
    [​IMG]

Here's Fricken and his girlfriend, Bella. He's a sheep-lover, what can I say? [​IMG] Loves the sheep-hates the other chickens. I received a hay delivery today. The hay guy took a handful of fresh hay over to the sheep to say hello. Fricken jumped off of Bella's back, charged at the guy while flapping his wings, and crowed non-stop until the guy walked away. Strange little bird.
    [​IMG]

9. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Quote:Oh, thank you so much for posting that pic again! [​IMG] From your description of him, he definitely acts strange which is why I said he was "Mr. Unique". [​IMG] He certainly cracks me up, gotta love him and his antics.

10. Bantimna

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    My mom looks nearly like you exept shes got dark curly brown hair and brown eyes. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by