The Old and the New - Pic Heavy - Suggestions Welcomed

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chicky Tocks, May 15, 2009.

1. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    We're in the process of creating a couple of new runs and revamping the current pen. What I'd like to have is the current pen intact for basically a community pen. Then I'd like another run as a breeding pen and a third run for growing out babies. Any suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!

Here is the current pen. It will basically stay the same, outside of shoring it up with some hardware cloth, and I plan to use the deep litter method in there. It's covered across the top and has a dirt (mud) floor.

[​IMG]

This is going to be an actual coop which will be divided into two for my breeding pen and growing up pen. It was my DH's old garden shed, but now he has a new one and has donated this one to me and my chickens.
    Right now my chicks are in there. I just put them in last night.

[​IMG]

From the inside...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any ooh ooh ideas for me?

2. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Great setup !!! You have some happy chicks there!!

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  3. yfchoice

yfchoice Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2008
    Sandy, Utah
    Lots of possibilities there. Just one question. Do your chicks actually use the tub labeled "bath" for their bath? Just wondering. Cause if your chicks can read, I need to have a talk with mine. ('[​IMG]'

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG] I actually giggled at that this morning. My DS was in the hospital and we got so many of those tubs! That one was labeled specific by the techs as his sponge bath tub because the nurses would put junk in whichever tub they were using for that purpose and it made the techs mad.

Yep, it actually does have sand mixed with DE in it for them to dust bath. Maybe I need to get my pretty pens out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by