The Old Folks Home

CSolis

Crossing the Road
May 17, 2020
Red Level, AL
Still lots of leftovers left over. I won't have to wonder what's for lunch/dinner for several days! :thumbsup There's even a little bit of cranberry left. DH doesn't like it, so it's all for me. I have been showing restraint.

We're getting a bit of snow. 1-3" is what they said. I'm betting it's more like a half inch.
I had the last of the 4 leg quarters with sauerkraut today. Had left over sweet potatoes and added a few spoonfuls of crushed pineapple to those before nuking them. Last of the taste bud surprises for a while. Took the left over pineapple and stuck it in lime jello for a late night snack with whipped cream on top. Wheeeeeeeeee!

bruceha2000

Addict
9 Years
Apr 19, 2012
NW Vermont
Plan to sell all my chickens except the bantam polish.
:eek: That is going to be quite a change for you!!

If any doctor asks me if I'm getting exercise I'm going to kick them in the shins.
Now now Micro, you only get to kick them in the shins if they tell you that the only exercise that counts is:
  • going to the gym
  • going for a walk
  • going for a run

Talking a dusting to an inch here - I'm betting it's more like 3". :lau
We got about 3" but with the blowing there are areas with a dusting and others that are 8"+ deep. And of course the area between the barns is one of those places. Had to shovel my way down to the lower door of the big barn.

Took me by surprise, they weren't advertizing that much. I don't have the blower on the garden tractor yet, nor the chains. Took the mower deck off this afternoon. Could have done it earlier but I had to shovel part of the area where we park the cars so DW could get back in, barely got out this morning.

microchick

2 Dozen Chickens Past Normal!
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Dec 31, 2014
NE Missouri
All this talk of well, that four lettered word that begins with S and ends with W. Clamps hands over ears and goes lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal!

It was beautiful here today. In the 50s and sunny. Got outside for a bit and just enjoyed the fresh air. Also got the last the of 'greens' hung in time for Hanukkah and Advent. I tried to cut back this year and did a bit....a very small bit I have to admit but it was fun and I enjoy decorating for holidays. Plus I can always take an afternoon nap if I get too tired.

Arthur has not been kind to my joints the past few days. I've told Arthur what he can go do to himself because I gots things to do!

CapricornFarm

Chicken addict
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
:eek: That is going to be quite a change for you!!

Now now Micro, you only get to kick them in the shins if they tell you that the only exercise that counts is:
  • going to the gym
  • going for a walk
  • going for a run

We got about 3" but with the blowing there are areas with a dusting and others that are 8"+ deep. And of course the area between the barns is one of those places. Had to shovel my way down to the lower door of the big barn.

Took me by surprise, they weren't advertizing that much. I don't have the blower on the garden tractor yet, nor the chains. Took the mower deck off this afternoon. Could have done it earlier but I had to shovel part of the area where we park the cars so DW could get back in, barely got out this morning.
Yes, i should be able to go away for a couple of days. And spend less $$$ on feed.

Beer can

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Aug 12, 2014
Upstate NY
I had the last of the 4 leg quarters with sauerkraut today. Had left over sweet potatoes and added a few spoonfuls of crushed pineapple to those before nuking them. Last of the taste bud surprises for a while. Took the left over pineapple and stuck it in lime jello for a late night snack with whipped cream on top. Wheeeeeeeeee!
:drool
I don't know why but I've never tried chicken and sauerkraut. Never thought of it..

Top Bottom