The Old Folks Home

Spring is in full swing here.. There's pumpkins and squash making, tiger lilies are blooming, and my Montezuma Rose planted earlier this year opened last night.. Magnolia and Mimosa trees are in full bloom as well as the elderberry bushes I saved from the jungle over the last two years. And the girls love the Mimosa trees as much as anything.. they provide a wide area of shade.. and plenty of room for bathing. The kids out back have plenty of shade from all the surrounding trees.
IMGP0002.JPG
IMGP0003.JPG
IMGP0004.JPG

This Rose is a grandiflora and was 'supposed' to be pinkish orange..ha ha.
IMGP0005.JPG
IMGP0007.JPG
IMGP0014.JPG
IMGP0029.JPG
IMGP0040.JPG

Lil boogers following after me..
IMGP0053.JPG

A full view of the back yard grazing area.. Each group gets an alternating day out. There's a few dirt baths at the bottom of the grazing area under the Mimosas dedicated to afternoon baths.

Spring is in full swing here.. There's pumpkins and squash making, tiger lilies are blooming, and my Montezuma Rose planted earlier this year opened last night.. Magnolia and Mimosa trees are in full bloom as well as the elderberry bushes I saved from the jungle over the last two years. And the girls love the Mimosa trees as much as anything.. they provide a wide area of shade.. and plenty of room for bathing. The kids out back have plenty of shade from all the surrounding trees.View attachment 3120150View attachment 3120156View attachment 3120160
This Rose is a grandiflora and was 'supposed' to be pinkish orange..ha ha.View attachment 3120166View attachment 3120174View attachment 3120182View attachment 3120184View attachment 3120185
Lil boogers following after me..View attachment 3120186
A full view of the back yard grazing area.. Each group gets an alternating day out. There's a few dirt baths at the bottom of the grazing area under the Mimosas dedicated to afternoon baths.
I love mimosas. My dad did too. I know a bunch of people hate them since they are weedy, short lived and shed like the dickens. But that brief moment that they are in bloom, it smells like peace and warmth and goodness.... nothing more tranquil. And hummingbirds love the flowers

Thanks for the pictures

I love mimosas. My dad did too. I know a bunch of people hate them since they are weedy, short lived and shed like the dickens. But that brief moment that they are in bloom, it smells like peace and warmth and goodness.... nothing more tranquil. And hummingbirds love the flowers

Thanks for the pictures
I don't know about short lived.. Did you know that mimosa wood is used in other countries for making things? And they only shed a short time in spring when the flowers fade, then are green all summer until fall. I love that layered look they have and they do provide plenty of shade without killing the grass.

Having a couple of birds in the house does have it's pitfalls of course.. But hearing Mr T run down the hall to catch up with Tiny is definitely not one of them.. nor is hearing him churring with pleasure or happiness.. watching him run around Tiny in circles or trying out his chest bumping technique.. He purrs like a kitty and since there is no T.V. or radio blaring, it's so easy to pick up on all the little sounds he makes.. He's finally finding his saddle feathers and 'would you look at that? There are legs down there!' What a blessing to get to 'raise' him.

Thanks for the pictures
I understand that those trees are also toxic? The pods?

Back
Top Bottom