The Old Girls (Pics), Plus Others, inc Suede's Girls

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Took out the camera today to get pics of some of the flock, mainly wanted updated pics of my oldest hens, who are five years old-Sunny, Reba and Lexie. Reba is the only one of those who is laying at the moment. She is quite chunky with great feather quality and a bright personality. Sunny has her feathers again, but she is on the thin side and we're trying to fatten her up for winter. Lexie's arthritis is hard on her, but she looks pretty good for her age.

Sunny and Reba:

DSCN0606.jpg

DSCN0603.jpg

Lexie:

DSCN0607.jpg

The Blue Orpingtons: Suede is turning 4 years old, as is redheaded Meg. Dusty and Smoky are 3 years old now.

DSCN0612.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0608.jpg

Broody Nugget:

DSCN0599.jpg

Georgie, Riley and Charlotte (who is Riley's mom)

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0581-1.jpg

DSCN0583.jpg

Isaac and the most of the rest of the ladies:

DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0588.jpg

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0589.jpg

DSCN0587-1.jpg

I see my boy, Isaac ! ! !
love.gif
I LOVE that boy!

WOW, Cyn, they all look wonderful. Smoky and Dusty are just beautiful girls! But, that Meg, WOW is she a big ol girl! I really do love those big ol girls.

Riley or Charlotte ... which one is the mother of that gorgeous brown chick a few months ago that Isaac sired?

GO Nugget, Go Nugget! ! ! THAT is a look of determination!

Oh, that chick was from Riley, if you mean the one that Ellie in California hatched. I have one of Riley's eggs under Nugget with the four Del eggs. Hoping to get one like Ellie's girl.
fl.gif
Charlotte is about three and a half now, I think. She is a real love. Too bad none of my Ameraucanas are laying at the moment. They look good, though.

Back
Top Bottom