The Older [email protected] 6 Weeks Old

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Dec 11, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

These four are over six weeks old now and went outside in our unusual spring-like weather today for the first time. They are Hawkeye's son and daughter, and two black Ameraucana boys, both sons of Scout. This is the BR cockerel that Katy was instrumental in helping me name, Gabriel. He'll help his dad with the duties, eventually.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] how cute they are. I MUST get more BR I MUST GET MORE BR [​IMG]

3. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    That Gabe is going to be a big boy! I love the shot where he's high steppin' it!

4. speckledhen

He towers over the Ameraucanas, that's for sure! While the oldest ones were outside today, I put three more Ameraucana chicks in the nursery coop that have gotten large enough to hold their own. These are going to go back in and wonder who all the newbies are. I'm down to six in the bsmt brooder now, from 1-3 weeks old.

5. SHELLY

SHELLY Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    Southwest Missouri
    perty birdies

6. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Wow they are growing up so fast -
    he sure is a handsome little man

Julie

7. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    Very Pretty! Lucky chicks, getting to enjoy nice weather. It's rainy and cold here [​IMG]

One of my Amercaunas has this really pretty white feathers on the tips of her wings. Will she get to keep these, or will they moult out? I need to get some new photos....

Thanks for sharing [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Hard to say, Debbie, but I think she'll molt them out. At least, she's supposed to. However, her father's base color shows through in gold highlights, so she may get some of those as she matures.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

He's growing into a very handsome young roo!! If my chickens could see these pix they'd be terribly jealous....Cold, icy and a general mess here. I left the coop door shut since we've got branches breaking all over the place and I didn't want the ones hanging over the pen breaking and having squished chickens!! I'm afraid we'll lose power again anytime.

10. speckledhen

Sorry about your weather, Katy; I'm sure we'll pay for our beautiful Spring in December soon, LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by