The Orpington Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Flock Master64, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    This is Orpington chat thread where we talk, share photos, and advice on our Orpingtons. Everybody is welcome even those without Orpingtons.

A little about me and my Orpington. My name is Jake and I live in Mi, I have a flock of 7 birds. 4 hens, 2 pullets, and 1 cockerel. The breeds in my flock consists of 3 Amber-Links hens, 1 White Leghorn hen, 1 Buff Brahma and Olive Egger both pullets and 1 Chocolate Cuckoo Orpington cockerel. I've been raising chickens for about 3 years and this is my third batch. My first flock consisted of Black and Blue Copper Marans and a Buff Brahma. My second batch was 3 White Leghorns and 3 Amber-Links and my third batch consists of 1 Buff Brahma, Olive Egger, and Cuckoo Orpington. That's enough about me, let's talk about our Orpingtons! :D

[​IMG]

My Chocolate Cuckoo Orpington Cockerel, his name is Flint.

2. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Overrun With Chickens

Great idea for a thread! Flint is a very pretty boy! All the orps I've had are in heaven now, but I still love them [​IMG][​IMG]
    This is Palecloud, my first favorite orp. He was a crazy chicken, but I loved him anyway. He was killed by our neighbor's dog before he even crowed [​IMG]

[​IMG] Sugar Plum, my $40 b-day president, who died of severe respiratory distress in september.

[​IMG] This is Peep, who is also my avatar. She was the flock mascot, til the flock got mareks and we had to cull all the sickies, which very sadly included her. RIP sweet girl [​IMG]

[​IMG] This is Sunshine, always a favorite of little kids, much to her disapointment [​IMG]

[​IMG]And last but ceratinly not least, Arrow, the best rooster to ever walk the face of the earth. He always took amazing care of his girls; one time he even charged our great pyr (through the fence, but still)! He had mareks worst of any of them, so he is also in heaven taking care of the rest of his beloved ladies [​IMG]

3. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    That's sad they're all gone :( :hugs they all look amazing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by