The other chick pecked ill chick in the eye

Berynn

Cooped Up
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
One of the chicks cant open its eys, it appears that it has an eye injury, I put some eye antibiotic on it, looks better, it was for my granddaughter who was born with an eye infection, also tonight when my daughter gets some breast milk I am going to use an eye dropper and put some in its eye. I really don't think that this chick will make it but I will try to help it. Its belly is really large, I wish that I had the ability to take a piture, all that I can do is tex someone a picture of this chick

When I google I see it is apparently a home remedy for pink eye in infants.

Is there a visible wound to the eye ?? Is it swollen shut or is the chick just keeping it shut ??

Julie

You would be very surprised what breast milk can do, it has natural antibiotics in it. If you are pregnant or have breast milk, when you squeeze your nipple the clear colostrum that comes out first is full of natural antibiotics. It sounds gross but if your baby gets a stuffy nose squeeze a few drops in the nostril and that nose will be cleared up. My chicks eye already looks better.
If you have an acne problem or brown spots from sun on your face email me at [email protected] and I will tell you how to clear it up almost over night.
I worked at planned parent hood and other clinincs where people where poor.

It is a visible wound and I saw this black chick peck her. The chicks belly seems very fat, she also has past but, and I am using Italian olive oil to clean it.

I breast fed two of my children and my pediatrican was considered to be outdated because he was old fashioned in his beliefs. He never once suggested squirting breast milk anywhere other than the mouth...lol.

Guess we learn something new all the time. Although I don't doubt colostrum has many fine qualities...it's part of why I chose to breast feed my children... I don't think that personally I would use it on my poultry. And you had already used an antibiotic ointment on the eye so again I wouldn't have introduced another foreign matter to the eye. But to each his own.

I usually only use warm water to clean up pasty butt. I don't like them to be greasy/wet afterwards because I worry it will only cause a chill if they can't fluff back out.

Glad to hear the chick is looking somewhat better.

Julie
smile.png

All the swelling in the chicks eye is down,the eye is still shut. The little chick has a greasy butt, My husbands secretary had a friend who had cancer, and she had to order breast milk from wet nurses to add to her diet, We had to find a wet nurse who liked broccoli. I used to work at planned parent hood and other clinics where people were very poor. Doctors worshiped breast milk. I waited 5 hours before putting the milk on the chicks eye.

I don't know why she was told to drinkk it, She was going through chem o, She did pass away. But her dr. told her to do it. I will ask my husbands secretary why she was told to drink it.

Back
Top Bottom