The outcome of breeding a golden laced wyandotte roo with a black and

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickenaddict, May 28, 2008.

1. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I had a roo named nelson who was a golden laced wyandotte and was ever so affectionate towards me but was a bit brutal with my banties so i picked up a few 6 month old ameraucanas for him thinking he would leave the banties alone but he didnt so we eventually found him a nice new home but before we rehomed him he bred with the ameraucana and we hatched the egg and here is what we got[​IMG] i apologize for the pic quality it was taken by a cheap $20 digital camera.... altho i originally thought "pudgy" was gonna be a hen he ended up to be a roo with his daddys rose comb heres a pic of his papa[​IMG] and heres a not sooo good pic of his mother[​IMG]... He is much bigger then the pic here so i will try to get a better pic of him soon but wow is he turning out to be absolutely gorgeous!!!

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Beautiful! [​IMG]

3. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    He's awesome! He turned out stunning!

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Thanks guys.... I didn't know how he was gonna turn out... I been busy trying to get him to strike a pose for me out in the yard but so far no luck on a great shot but here are a few anyway (same crappy camera so not the best quality)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by