1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The pecking order triangle.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by aubreynoramarie, Jul 31, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    [​IMG]

Apparently in this big ol backyard there are only two prime dustbathing spots.

Gyp is in one and midge wants it. Being higher in the pecking order, midge chases gyp off and steals the spot.

Gyp goes to spot #2 and darla is dustbathing there. Being higher in the pecking order, gyp chases darla off and steals the spot.

Darla goes to spot #1 where midge is dustbathing. Being higher in the pecking order, darla chases midge off and steals the spot.

Midge goes to spot #2 where gyp is dustbathing. She cashes gyp off and steals her spot.

Gyp goes to spot #1 where darla is dustbathing. She chases her off and steals her spot.

Darla goes to spot #2 where midge is dustbathing. She chases her off and steals her spot.

Are you guys still with me? because these chickens are beginning to make me cross-eyed.

I'm going inside.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] I'd be dizzy, too!

3. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    if i was you i would go outside and have a pep talk with them and then steal there dustbathing spots [​IMG]

4. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Hahaha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by