The perfect blue egg?

Roseyroberts

Songster
7 Years
Apr 28, 2013
East Texas
So in high hopes of getting some pretty blue egg layers, I ordered some cream crested legbar eggs. I am highly disappointed in their "blue" color. It looks light green to me. Even when sitting beside my light green EE eggs.
So who lays the prettiest blue eggs in your flock? Undoctored Egg pics please! =)

I don't have any photos as my bird's aren't in lay yet, but the breeders of both my Lavender Ameraucanas and my Araucana Bantam pullet showed me eggs in person and they were a real, sky blue, definitely not green.

She most certainly lays THE most beautiful blue eggs in my flock, cos she's the only EE I've got
smile.png

The egg on the left is not pure white, BTW - kinda pinkish tinge. That was her first egg.

Sweet! Lucky you!

Thanks but I'd have been even more lucky if she had actually been a true aruacana (had her flown from the coast, here in Kenya, so i could not see in detail the attributes) and not a silly thing that goes broody
he.gif
Still, she's a little star, so i will forgive her
smile.png

Oh my! That must have cost a small fortune. Pretty blue eggs are worth it though right?

Well, it was not cheap by our standards for sure, but for me personally, it was worth it (not sure DW agrees, but hey
tongue.png
). I also got a brown leghorn cockerel, and i am hoping that crossing will still result in blue eggs and more frequent egg laying (and the if resulting girls do not go broody, I will be overjoyed) - time will tell...

Last edited:
Dunno where you live (including a vague location under your avatar will help people help you, in the future for all kinds of potential questions) but that should not be so difficult?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom