The perfect storm.

lengel

Songster
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
MA
In the last two months,

Got put on jury duty lasting three months.

MIL's checkbook was stolen from my purse during Christmas shopping.
While dealing with the bank and finding out that Social Security doesn't respect POA's,

DH broke his femur and knee cap. Recovery time: at least 12 weeks.

Ate Thanksgiving dinner at the hospital (never a good idea), forgot about our own turkey which later spoiled and blew up in the basement fridge.

Went to tell MIL about DH's accident and, for the first time, she had no idea of who I was *and* didn't recognize her son's name which puts her smack in the acute Alzheimers stage.

Became an overnight nurse when insurance kicked DH out of rehab before he could walk. Then a physical therapist declared our very old house unsafe.

Had to pay for MIL's nursing home fee because Social Security couldn't do direct deposit after I closed the account.

My mother called to say that my grandfather, who takes care of my grandmother with Alzheimers, has lung cancer.

Finally, had to take a dog to the vet and while I was there, DH's boss called to say that the site will shut down in March and everyone has been fired.

So I got into the spirit of things and started laughing hysterically. Why not, right?

Some one used to say to me "whatever doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger." I believe that. So I would say laughing is a healthy way to relieve the stress you are facing while dealing with the 100 foot tidal wave of problems you are having. At this time of year we should dwell on the blessings we have and embrace those closest to us to share our joys.
hugs.gif

Just know that you may find help in the strangest places and keep laughing
thumbsup.gif

Go crawl into bed beside your husband, pull the covers over both of your heads and just hold each other for a while. Then when you can face the world again, get up and do so proud that you can. If you need to pull out your bible and find some back up.

We've had some years like that when you wonder how you'll keep going.

One year, my husband was diagnosed with MS, then my former FIL died (DD's Papa), I had major surgery and the day I was scheduled my BIL had a stroke.

He ended up at age 36 in the hosp, then rehab for 6 weeks, coming out only to aspirate and get pneumonia. After a horrifying stay which I won't give you the details on he passed. We got the word that we would have to move by October due to Hubby's job. The day we were moving my Step Dad was rushed to the hosp with Pneumonia.

He had a spike in BP due to the meds. (He had severe asthma all his life). A freak aneurysm in a blood vessel in his spinal column broke and he became paralyzed from the neck down. A week later he passed away as well.

We could not wait for that year to be over. We were ready to burn the calendar in effigy I can tell you.

I have survived the death of a spouse, a parent (Step and in law), a brother (in law)... you can do it.

Just remember that the car is your cone of silence, you can say anything there...swear, cry, throw a right old tantrum and get it out. No one else can hear you there.

Reach out to therapists and any other support you can find some days it's the only thing that gets you through...and don't forget to breath.....

Laney

Quote:
Thank you for writing. DH has fragile bone disease and it will only get worse. In addition, we're bracing for a wave of loved ones passing this year.

And the car! Yes, the car. I've done that. Then you walk back in the house, smile pleasantly, tell everyone that your allergies are really acting up and that's why your eyes are red, and ask if anyone needs anything.

Sounds like your possibly doing something right for all that is going wrong.....prayers will go up for you.....here is a
hugs.gif
for when you get out of the car again.
smile.png

"We were ready to burn the calendar in effigy I can tell you."

We did exactly that one bad year. 2001. On Dec 31st we built a roaring fire in the back pasture & we took the calendar & burned it one page at a time and laid that year to rest for good. It was very cathartic & I highly recommend it.

Sending you hugs & keeping you on our prayer list here.

Back
Top Bottom