THe pet store has chicks??!! NOOOOOooooooo

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by K&H Chicken Farm, Mar 27, 2008.

1. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    [​IMG]I just went to what I thought a safe trip to the pet store and as soon as we open the door we could here them. "We have hatching eggs" I tell the kids..."We have esater money" they tell me as they run off to find them. As I get closer I see they have bantams, Japs and Cochins. Hmm, I would not mined havings some japs....."Ok kids pick out 3 japs each...OMG look at those fuzzy little feet!!!!" [​IMG] I was lost there where 2 little blue cochins and they did need friends....we ended up with 6 japs and 7 chochins.. [​IMG]

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    How can you resist?? [​IMG] Well, I guess you didn't!! you have it bad!! [​IMG] Have fun with all those fuzzy butts, and good luck with the hatching.

3. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    What pet store was it?

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    That is pretty neat. I think its a cheap way to make an extra buck though. Thank god I was not there cause I would have bought them out lol

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    The owner of the petstore where I used to work has chicks sometimes. Her DH raises tons and tons of Games and he brings in extra chicks when he doesnt need them. I went in there once and saw them and she said, "You want a couple?" How could I say no to that?! When I worked there he offered to give me a bunch of extra pullets he didnt want, but I never got around to it. Best broodies in the world and I passed them up. [​IMG]

6. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    I would have taken them all. [​IMG]

7. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    The pet store was a local owned here that has carried chicks in the past, but they had moved to a smaller shop and I did not think they would still carry them! LOL at $3.75 each what I bought killed the bank!

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    That'll teach you to go to a pet store at this time of year. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. MikelJohn

MikelJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Abbeville, LA
    I have that same addiction! It's hard to go to a store and hear chics without buying them![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by