The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Good luck on your hatch.
I have 9 chicks in the brooder and 23 due to hatch on Tuesday. I have 43 more collected and I’m trying to decide if it is too late in the year to set them. They would be 10 weeks old the first week of January. We had so much snow and cold weather up here in Camino last winter. I wish that I had a heated barn or detached garage!

I have 9 chicks in the brooder and 23 due to hatch on Tuesday. I have 43 more collected and I’m trying to decide if it is too late in the year to set them. They would be 10 weeks old the first week of January. We had so much snow and cold weather up here in Camino last winter. I wish that I had a heated barn or detached garage!
Did you get any from greenfire??

So, I am on the middle of a hatch and PG&E turned the power off. We have a generator but my husband is only going to run it 4 times per day for 15 min. Any idea of what I can do to keep the 8 chicks hatched warm and help the other 13 chicks to hatch? Rotten timing but I had no idea this would happen 3 weeks ago!

So, I am on the middle of a hatch and PG&E turned the power off. We have a generator but my husband is only going to run it 4 times per day for 15 min. Any idea of what I can do to keep the 8 chicks hatched warm and help the other 13 chicks to hatch? Rotten timing but I had no idea this would happen 3 weeks ago!
You can get an inverter from walmart and run the incubator off of the car. Hopefully it will keep it going for long enough to hatch the 13.

Most hot plates are in the 18V max range so would not take much power to keep warm.

Another option would be the old fashioned heat bottles to keep the chicks warm. Of course you would have to have a way to heat the water.

upload_2019-10-9_8-7-52.png

What a bummer. I am really disgusted that PGE has so much power. They can pretty much do what they want.

Back
Top Bottom