The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Well I've got seven hens and six roosters now, lol.

Out of the five born in March four are roosters, see bottom picture. The second picture is the roo we named Buddy. He's the one that runs up to you when you open the back door and wants to be picked up and held and boy does he talk a lot, that little chirpy chatter nonstop. He's a character, never had a hen like that, let alone a rooster.

Do you all think I could put two roosters in with the big girls? Fourteen hens, of various breeds. I'll put another in with the seven Pita hens who are in a separate pen, so I can breed a pure line.

My daughter is going to take a rooster, so I'll only have two to find homes for.

you can put 3 roos with 14 hens if you want to.

you can put 3 roos with 14 hens if you want to.
The two roosters are four months old now. One is maturing a lot faster than the other. His comb & waddles are large and he crows non-stop. The other is equal in size but small comb and waddles and not bright red. He's just beginning to try to crow.

The more mature rooster is trying to mate with the hens as they are out free ranging, but they give him the what for and chase him off. He's not very gentle in his sneak attacks. Hopefully he becomes more gentle in his approach as he ages?

The two roosters are four months old now. One is maturing a lot faster than the other. His comb & waddles are large and he crows non-stop. The other is equal in size but small comb and waddles and not bright red. He's just beginning to try to crow.

The more mature rooster is trying to mate with the hens as they are out free ranging, but they give him the what for and chase him off. He's not very gentle in his sneak attacks. Hopefully he becomes more gentle in his approach as he ages?

most cockerels need time to learn how to approach hens. my silkie hens simply refuse to mate with cockerels. all of them need time.

Back
Top Bottom