the power of pigs(LONG!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    I laugh so hard everyday, I just had to share. I got 4 potbelly pigs last week. they are small, not sure how old, but all females. I have all the goats, chickens, ducks, and a goose...I thought, 'no problem these little pigs will fit right in' The first 3 days they were confined to the barn where the goats sleep...day 2, I came home from work to find ALL the goats sleeping on the front porch [​IMG] I figured...it's a nice night, maybe they just wanted some fresh air??? I didn't think anything of it. I went out to feed them the next day, put the pigs food in the barn, everyone was well. day 3, come home from work again to find all the goats on the porch AGAIN all glaring at me [​IMG] what did I do?? I went to bed and when I got up the next mourning, I could see from my bedroom window that one of the goats had opened the side door on the barn and that meant the pigs had probably gotten out...sure enough I saw one run across the yard, followed by the other 3. No goats in sight. I got up and got dressed and went to get everyone fed. As I walked out the back door, I noticed the goats looked ancy, and they were glaring at me again. Then I found out why...here came the line of pigs running across the yard, barely visible above the grass...one goat called out, and they all RAN!!! all the way to the other side of the yard!!! Then the pigs got near the ducks, and they all ran flapping and quacking to the pond. The pigs, now having all the space to themselves, spread out under the porch. I looked behind me and ALL the goats were peeking around the house to see if the little menaces were gone...I was busting up [​IMG] the goats were glaring again! then, the ducks came up to the edge of the pond, craning their necks to look around the yard, they wouldn't come all the way up the slope, but one of them got an itch, and stopped looking to scratch, and the other 3 girls turned to look at her like she was the worst creature on the earth!!! they saw the pigs come around the corner toward the pond [​IMG] and they dropped back down the hill to the water. This has gone on everyday this week, and I have laughed so hard, my stomach hurts!! I have started calling them the terroristas!! Well, sorry if I bored ya, hope you got a laugh! just had to share!! [​IMG]

2. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

i literally just laughed out loud...! nice..

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    omg [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] What a great mental picture....Tooo funny!! Thanks for that!

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    ROFL [​IMG] cant you take a pic? so we can see as well?

6. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    I will take one tonight, so you can all see the size difference! they are kinda getting used to each other, but now I have a calf I am bottleffeding, and they are afraid of him too!

7. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
  8. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    Quote:Just read it! thx!! luckily they are the smallest of all my animals in the yard, so they haven't tried to eat anyone yet, although they do manage to keep the goats away from the feeding trough, which I didn't think was possible!!!!!! [​IMG]

9. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    [​IMG] That's hilarious. Can't wait to see the pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by