The Precious gets a friend...or not *pg. 8 w/ pics*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Griffox, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Griffox

Griffox Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Harrodsburg, KY
    I moved my silkie eggs from the hovabator to my LG for hatching and the temp spiked to 105 and the humidity dropped to around 40% Thursday night. Only one hatched and I had to soak it in water to get it unstuck from the egg. So now I'm left with one little silkie chick who's all alone. It comes to my hand and nudges my fingers for snuggles. From what I've read on here, my soul will remain intact as long as I don't look it in the eye, right? It's so hard to resist...my precious. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  2. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Sounds like you are already under it's spell. Poor thing. I will pray for you....
    CHristina

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Just don't feed it after midnight... [​IMG]

4. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:[​IMG] Ala the Gremlins...

5. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Quote:Sorry, you have failed the test, you have surrendered to the power of the Silkie Magic. You will forever be under the spell, there is no hope for you now. You will constantly want to cuddle it, bath it, fuss over it, feed it juicy tidbits, take it with you where ever you go.

If you don't beleive me, just watch "The Natural History of the Chicken" DVD from PBS. There are two segments involving Silkies on there, but beware, you will find yourself falling deeper and deeper under the spell of the Silkie! [​IMG]

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh no, I am so sorry. See...the hatch was planned by the " evil one" ( the ONE survivor.) It already has you under its spell. You let it cuddle your hand....you touched it....its IN you now. I will be thinking of you...again...im so sorry. [​IMG]

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Yes, silkies are as tempting as the ring in LOTR. I got one from Kelly in Gainesville and now have ordered eggs so I can have more. LOL

You'll have to get one of those little puppy bags so that you can take "the Precious" with you everywhere you go.

8. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    Oh, I am so wanting silkie babies!!! I have heard though they are evil creatures .... [​IMG]

9. Hands wringling, eyes in back a forth movement, back hunched over and a "my precious" from your mouth. I know you have already done it. [​IMG]

May the chicken Gods be with you and yours.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
  10. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    [​IMG] You guys are TOO funny!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by