The Price of Eggs in Kansas

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by buc, Jan 9, 2008.

1. buc

buc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    OK, I know I live in a small town in a state with a small population base. But, just before Christmas I noticed that free range eggs in the store per dozen went from 2.47 to 2.75, today I looked again and the price has remained at the high.

I first thought the hike was due to the seasonal cooking and demand, but now, I just don't know.
    I priced my eggs at 2.00 per dozen and am selling all that my girls are producing less the ones my family is using.

So my question is, what are the prices for the free-range eggs in the store in your area?

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Egg prices are up all around the country. Corn prices are up quite a bit, so more expensive feed = more expensive eggs.

Free range/organic eggs are going for around $2.50-3.00 here in the grocery store.

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Large brown eggs are going for 3.99 a dozen here

4. buc

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    Thanks for the info Sue.

I do almost all of the food shopping for our family so I keep an eye on such things.

I know my customers really like my eggs, now they can really like my price as well.

5. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    You guys are all spoiled!!!!
    1 dozen organic large brown eggs at safeway is going for $5.85!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup you read that right almost 6 dollars for a dozen eggs. Half dozen of the above are $3.60. If you want to go cheap and get the regular brown eggs that are raised in cages they are $4.75 a dozen
    That is what they call the price of living in paradise. That is why I raise my own.

Aloha,
    Cory

6. buc

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    Quote:wow the is shocking, I sure hope you are raising your own eggs and maybe being nice enough to sell a few for a discount, oh let's say, 5.75 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by