The Price of Gas where You Live

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Redfeathers, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    So how much are you all paying per gallon these days? Here in my neck of the woods in Oregon a gallon runs about $3.11 for regular, some stations a little more some a little bit less.

I hope this thread isn't a repeat. I was just curious what the prices are around the country or anywhere in the world really.

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Where I live we have finally gotten below 3.00 a gallon. Today it was 2.99 a gallon

4. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    I live 15 miles from where they pump oil out of the ground, and 30 miles from where they refine it into fuel. Were paying $3.31 today.

5. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Wow. That's just so wrong!

6. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    it had gotten below three for a good while but now is back up over. from about three ten to three twenty depending. i filled up my car today and it was fifty two dollars. eek. i have really good gas mileage, thirty plus, but still. just going to and from work is twelve dollars not including the work itself.

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I think it was $3.04 last time I filled up. But i have to admit, I try not to look.

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

My last tank was 50 something and I think per gallon was 3.39 middle grade. . I have to check my book for sure. I have a whole excel sheet with prices, fill up, mileage, odometer, oil changes, maintenance, light bulb change etc... *hugs gas guzzling car*

9. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    I was griping when ours hit 3.05. But I guess We are still cheaper than most.
    It fell today to 2.78. Looks like Christmas came early
    What ticks me off is how it flucuates without much reason.
    Ours may go up or down 10 or even 20 cents over night.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Some times I wonder why people will drive the extra 3 miles to get gas 10 cents cheaper... when it saves them all of a dollar or dollar 50, which is negated by the fact of operating the car for those three miles cost more in the long run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by