the proud miss Izzy

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by artsyrobin, Jan 23, 2010.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Izzy is my only mutt... a cochin/EE banty pullet, she lives with her other buddies in my art studio- well this week she began to be very friendly and becoming a lap chicken- roaming around...

[​IMG]

she finally decided to lay her egg where i could get a good picture...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

how such a tiny thing can make so much noise!!

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

AWWWWWWWW congrats

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

She's beautiful

Imp

4. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Almost all of our mutts have some EE's in them too! My hens would not want to lay in the open like that! You must have given her lots of TLC!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    i have 4 in my studio, 2 silkies and a duccle, and for the most part izzy was skittish, until this week- course i started giving her treats since she seemed to be the low chick... she is so soft too! thats her in the avatar... got her at a poultry swap to keep my duccle company..LOL!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    How wonderful that you can have them with you in your studio! Nice photos!

7. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    They really are fun to have in there while i work, she and nimi the Duccle snuggle together and play- lately nimi has been molting and getting cranky, so yesterday i grabbed her and plopped her in a sink of warm water, i think it felt so soothing, she went to sleep!

[​IMG]

8. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmmm...I wonder if that's all FussyButt needs? A nice warm bath to relax and unwind. Maybe then she'd stop being such a little pill all the time! It will be either that or she'll be "madder than a wet hen"! [​IMG]

9. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    could try it... every one i have tried that on really relaxes, even a loony roo i had.... i couldn't believe she just melted like that, got to looking at her feathers, it must really be irritating as they come in! i give molting medicine to my caged birds, wonder if that would help her.... its weird, izzy's feathers are so soft compared to nimi... the eggs from izzy are tan, so not really sure if she is part EE, i was told she was, but she is a beauty

10. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    She is gorgeous! Congrats! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by