The puddle dance

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by michelle89, Sep 10, 2011.

1. michelle89

michelle89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    While drinking my coffee this morning and watching my ducks play in a puddle, I saw the funniest thing! My little duck was stomping her feet in the water! It was like she was playing like a little kid would! I laughed so hard I about shot coffee out my nose! Is this normal duck behavior? My Pekin tries to do it but she can't quiet get her feet up![​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I often have babies that will foot stomp- its so cute, seeing them in the brooder doing that- but also - yes- outside in the puddles my adults will foot stomp at times.

I bookmarked this a while ago...so cute. And no puddle!!

http://www.todaysbigthing.com/cute-animals/2010/06/14

3. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    Quote:What kind of goose is that? That is awesome, but the markings are incredible.

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    As its markings suggest- it is called the Bar Headed Goose. very cute voice too I think.

5. LemonDoodles

LemonDoodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    Quote:The first time I saw it we were giddy to start but when we saw that, both my mom and I were in stomach cramping hysterics. We now hose the lawn in a spot and let em at it... Purely for our amusement. I have it on video but it's not zoomed. Let me find it, I'll post it!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  6. michelle89

michelle89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    It is so funny! Nothing but smiles and laughing everyday when you own ducks!! I love it!!![​IMG]

7. LemonDoodles

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    They are nature's class clowns.

8. LemonDoodles

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    Here it is... Not as great as the tap dancing goose (which was hilarious) but if you know what you are looking for, you'll see it.

Tickles my funny bone every time. Tomorrow will be video of them in their new diapers! It is a riot as it has apparently turned my Pekin into a charging goose.

9. dabblingducks

dabblingducks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2011
    Isles of Scilly
    I saw one of our ducks doing that a couple of weeks ago - never seen the others do it before! It was so cute and funny, like a little dance!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by