1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The puppies are coming-the pups are here and PICS

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by apbgv, Nov 18, 2007.

1. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    After sitting up all night Bristol has decided to finally have her litter so far we have 1 tri colored girl. This is her first litter and I think she is a little confused what that little thing is. These are Petits Bassets Griffons Vendeens-PBGV for short. I have a web cam up in the whelping box http://apbgv.camstreams.com
    The father is Ch Bon Tireur Checkered Flag and mom is akc pointed CFPT Bump and Run at Bristol. I am hoping to get some really nice puppies out of this litter conformation, temperment and health wise.
    I think I am a little confuse lack of sleep sorry if this post wanders a bit.
    See post at bottom pics!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

How wonderfull!! Im going to go look at the web cam now. I just LOVE to watch the miracle of birth! CONGRATS grandmomma!!

3. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    Oh man, how cool is this! Those puppies are so little. I'm going to have to check out how to get live cam set up on the bator.

Congrats!

4. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    OMG- PBGV's are the only breed of dog my mom LOVES- How much do you sell them for, from looking at other people's sites we figured out that my moms favorite kind of dog is also one of the most expensive( go figure).

By the way CONGRATS

5. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    That is so very cool. I went to check the webcam and I think I saw 5 pups. I did try to chat but no one wanted to join in. It looked like her breathing was labored, I was wondering if she was still in labor.

6. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    That is so cool, how many has she had so far? They and mother are beautiful. Congratulation on your babies.

7. SebrightLover

SebrightLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    My mother would be so in love!

PM me or such with how much you sell them for and where you are and all.

Holly C
    West Virginia

8. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    Aww Congrats what a good momma looks like 6 puppies?

9. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Here is an update on puppies we ended up with a total of 7 puppies!!! 3 boys and 4 girls all are doing well very active for day old puppies and eating like little pigs heres some pics
    IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/apbgv3/PB190689.jpg[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the mom Bristol in labor Sat night:D

All I want to do is sit and stare at them all. Feel bad for the rest of the dogs I am sure they are feeling neglected:(

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh my GOODNESS Amy, they are sooo cute!! Congrats grandma!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by