The Quail and Bunny Farm - Small Back Yard.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by matefrio, Apr 5, 2011.

1. matefrio

matefrio Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2011
    Here at MateFrio's Ranch and Farm.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:That's illegal. [​IMG]

It's illegal to have grass that is green this time of year! We are FREEZING up here! [​IMG] Nice birds and buns though! They look fat and happy, the way they ought to be!

3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That's illegal. [​IMG]

It's illegal to have grass that is green this time of year! We are FREEZING up here! [​IMG] Nice birds and buns though! They look fat and happy, the way they ought to be!

X2 ! nice set up. [​IMG]

4. matefrio

Mar 13, 2011
    Quote:Thanks. You won't envy our summers. Much easier to keep the pens warm than trying to fight 95 degrees and 80% humidity.

5. Hooligan Farm

Hooligan Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    Burlington County, NJ
    Quote:I'm a little jealous cause I have to keep my rabbits and quail inside. And I don't have green grass either [​IMG]

6. quailmale

quailmale Chillin' With My Peeps

The Quail in the cages, are they on 1 x 1/2 or 1/2 x 1/2 wire, I have some extra Rabbit cages like those and was wondering how they would do on the 1 x 1/2 I use for the Bunnies..........[​IMG]

7. matefrio

Mar 13, 2011
    1 x 1/2 floor. Seem to be doing fine. Two days isn't much time though.

8. wolfandfinch

wolfandfinch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver BC
    So jealous! Are you raising them all for meat? Rabbits for fur and quail for eggs? Just for fun?

9. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

just a note of warning to those with their birds in cages of 1" X 1/2" wire.....ALL KINDS of critters can get at quail with that kind of spacing...coons and possums and rats will pull them/parts of them throughthat spacing AND snakes will just slither right in and help themselves to a free meal ...i'd put a 1/2 X1/2 hardware cloth over that 1 X 1/2 asap!
    Believe me as i speak from experience...it's terrible to go out first thing in the morning to feed and find bodies with no heads! [​IMG]

10. matefrio

Mar 13, 2011
    Quote:Rabbits for meat, quail for eggs. Home owners association won't allow "livestock" so these are officially known as exotic birds and pets. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by