the QUAIL business

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Little_Bigfoot, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Little_Bigfoot

Little_Bigfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Washington
    well in the last few weeks i have been selling like crazy, i only sell local but it was looking like i wasnt going to get any sales so i was giving away coturnix and bobs left and right but all of the sudden the market picked up and my quail are selling quick, i have sold over 30 bobwhite chicks @ 3.00 a bird, and 16 valley chicks at 8.00 a bird, as well as lots of intrest in my blue scales at 15.00 a chick, and my gambels at 15.00 a chick.

before you say my prices are to high you have to realize i sell them as ordamental quail, in my area there are very limited stock, i have had to have birds shipped all the way across the country,i also raise them to at least 4 weeks of age to make sure they are all healthy, and i give away my coturnix chicks for free.

just wondering if any one else has had the luck i have had?
    also wondering if any one knows of a seller of masked bobwhites or mearns quail, as i have been searching for a few months now with little to no luck so far.

2. Mt. Baker Quail

Mt. Baker Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Ferndale, Washington
    I sold 16 coturnix chicks to a feed store for $3 each.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  3. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    I hope it picks up here or I'm stuck with 90 coturnix chicks in the garage...[​IMG]

4. katheria

katheria Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    well if not u got 45 nice dinners for 2 people.... [​IMG]

as i look at 5 bators full of eggs....i hope some sell for me.....

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  5. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:OR...30 for your friendly neighborhood FAT MAN!!! [​IMG] Bill

6. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

We've been doing really good with our Coturnix.We have a standing order for 1,000 eggs a week,800 chicks a week,all the adults we can manage to squeeze out,and been selling off anywhere from 4-600+ babies a week in other orders.We can't hatch enough.We've been using our hatcher as an incubator....That's just on the Jumbo Browns.I can't keep my Jumbo A&Ms,Jumbo Goldens,and range in stock.

7. Little_Bigfoot

Little_Bigfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Washington
    wow yeah i just look at it as feed money if i get enough to cover feed for a few weeks it was a good sale.

8. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That's pretty much what it does.It pays for feed for the yard and whatever money I use for meds,building,etc comes from it.It strictly stays in the 'Fowl fund"...lol

9. Around here I see a lot of $3 to $5 for coturnix and Bobs. Buttons usually get more $ it seems. Valley quail and gambles I see for $10 and up. The other day I saw some coturnix advertised for $1 apiece for day olds.

10. ChickenChaps

ChickenChaps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Malabar, FL
    Quote:WOW! Who buys that many eggs and birds??? That is incredible!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by