1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Race is On *pics*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Zenbirder, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Zenbirder

Zenbirder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    With my DH at the starter gate the morning race is on!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

wow! thats a nice setup!

3. JackieK318

JackieK318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

My chicken coop has a copula too! How funny! My husband said, "Is that really necessary?" I told him architectural detail is everything, even to chickens.

4. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    haha.. my chickens do the same thing when I let them out.. my dad has guineas and he puts out corn for them in the mornings.. as soon and the door on the chicken house opens.. stand back!! every single hen in the place is squawking and flaping and running and trying its very best to be the first one to the last few pieces of corn.... they are sooo funny.. I just love my chickens...

I love your chicken house... did your DH build it ground up??

5. Zenbirder

Zenbirder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    Yes, FluffyChickenMama, DH built the whole thing! It took about three weeks solid and quite a few $, we never had the courage to add it up. My Mom says it is better than all the houses she lived in as a kid. It is well insulated, has running water inside and electricity. The coupola opens and closes for ventilation and there is a rooster weather vane on top because that detail is fun!

6. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    I love all the chicken houses I see on here.. but I have also grown quite fond of my chicken tractors... moving them is soooo much easier than cleaning them... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by