The Random Translations Thread!

HorseFeathers

Frazzled
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Southern Maine
Those of you who have been annoyed by my posting in Dutch... Sorry! I'll keep it just to here now!
big_smile.png

So here's the deal. The person above you will post something totally random in a language, indicating what language at the end of their post. Then the person below them will quote the text and translate it... By online translator, dictionary, or personal skill, it doesn't matter. Then once you have posted the translation (and some come out pretty funny!) type your own message. It doesn't have to be in the same language as the person you quoted. Ready? Set? GO!

I'll start:
ο χειμώνας είναι ένα κρύο νύχι της θλίψης.
Greek.

ï ÷åéìþíáò åßíáé Ýíá êñýï íý÷é ôçò èëßøçò. greek sorry thats how my computer shows it

translation: winter is a cold fingernail of sorrow

Ka`u Ia E Lei A`e Nei La hawaiian

Last edited:
Quote:
'I pledge my love to you alone'. Google said its from a Hawaiian wedding song.

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo. Elven

What kind? I have my own elven, based on latin roots. I presume you mean Tolkein elven?

Quote:
'I pledge my love to you alone'. Google said its from a Hawaiian wedding song.

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo. Elven

A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting

Siss nau Summer 2008, un ich hab viel yetz zu schreiwe… Ich waer versuche, meh ball zu schreiwe amish/ pennsylvania dutch

Quote:
Okay, You've got ME stumped... What does it say? Something about summer 2008...

Es ist jetzt Sommer 20008, und ich habe viel zu schreiben. Ich werde versuchen bald mehr zu schreiben. german
It is now summer 2008 and i have a lot to write... i will try to write more soon... amish folks sometimes think that i used to grow up amish and left after rumspringa.

Last edited:
Quote:
Okay, You've got ME stumped... What does it say? Something about summer 2008...

Es ist jetzt Sommer 20008, und ich habe viel zu schreiben. Ich werde versuchen bald mehr zu schreiben. german
It is now summer 2008 and i have a lot to write... i will try to write more soon...

Ah!

부대 개는 어디에 그림자에 잠복하는 있는가? Korean

ºÎ´ë °³´Â ¾îµð¿¡ ±×¸²ÀÚ¿¡ ÀẹÇÏ´Â Àִ°¡ korean

The unit to where which folds lurks in the shadow english

Ik houd van gebraden kip te eten terwijl status op mijn hoofd dutch

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom