The Rant and Pity Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkieRaiser, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It's OK

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Goat

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. silkieRaiser

silkieRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2016
    Seattle, Washington
    My Coop
    The title explains it all. Rant all you want and then let nice people take pity on you.

2. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Overrun With Chickens

Ok,I am going to make this really poetic [​IMG]
    I am not a dog person. I tell people that if I see their dog chasing my chickens I will shoot it (but I am really too much of a softie to). So, here comes the rant.
    Cade was a pretty cool dog. Lab/greyhound mutt. He and his buddy Rambo would come over and hang out for pets and horse apples [​IMG] We had just started letting our first chickens outside in "chicken jail" or chain-link dog run. The gate was a pain in the butt to close, so we typically just pushed it closed "enough". Well, Cade (being a sighthound) and Rambo (also hound) pushed open the gate and feathers flew. My sister's BR, Fugetive's feathers. As soon as I saw a chicken loose in the yard I took off after Rambo, who was carrying Fugetive. Being an extremly smart dog, he dropped her and lit out for home. My sister ran over and scooped her up, and her neck was broken. I watched her eyes close, and her last breath escape her lungs.
    And then there was my boy. His name was PaleCloud (don't ask were I got the idea, cuz I don't know); a buff orpington cockerel. He was the second craziest chicken in the flock, and hated being held, but I adored him anyways. I couldn't find a single sign of him being attacked except for him being dead. Now that I know more, I figured out that he had litterally gotten so scared he had just fallen over and died. Just like that, and my favorite chicken was gone. For some reason, PaleClouds death hit me harder than Fugetive's. I don't know why, except for the fact that I adored him; much more than he appreciated, I'm sure. I have really not liked dogs ever since, and have absolutely no tolerance for ill-mannered dogs. Dogs were domesticated to do one of three things: Herd, hunt, and guard. Today way more than half the dogs in America fullfil the status of "pet" or "poor-excuse-of-a-guard-dog." It drives me NUTS!!!

TADA!!! I needed to get that story out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by