The "Reason for the Season"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimby Chickens

Songster
9 Years
Oct 20, 2010
Central FL
I'm an atheist, firstly. Secondly, I do not want to start some kind of religious debate or to upset anyone who is religious.

There is a huge movement to 'keep Christ in Christmas' and a lot of religious people are very convinced that Jesus is the one and only inspiration for it, and that is simply not true. Christmas has borrowed most of its traditions from various other winter celebrations.

9f8Th.jpg

I'm really tired of hearing about the War on Christmas. There is no such thing.

EDIT: Also, if you have any questions for an atheist, I would be happy to answer them.

Last edited:
This is a VERY touchy subject for me and lots of others, I'm sure. There are those of us that celebrate Christmas for one reason only.
Perhaps it's best to let folks believe how they choose and leave it at that(that's how I roll).
Live and let live, so to speak.

Unfortunately, while I do agree with you the OP, these types of discussions are frowned upon here.

Unfortunately, I don't see this thread lasting long either. However, with that being said, thank you for posting this. I find it very interesting to see where alot of these customs originated from. I don't think alot of people realize where some of these things come from. I'm not Athiest, but I don't celebrate Christmas for the birth of Jesus, like many do. It's amazing how many cultures and beliefs come together to create one holiday that many believe to be just a Christian holiday.

Quote:
I know that religious discussion is frowned upon, but at the same time, I'm not trying to discuss but just to put interesting info out there. These are facts, take them as you will.

Quote:
I know that religious discussion is frowned upon, but at the same time, I'm not trying to discuss but just to put interesting info out there. These are facts, take them as you will.

You know just as well as I do that facts are not taken as seriously as myth ..
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom