The Red-Blue Blur (Roosevelt)... Look At This Humongous Baby (PICS)

Cattitude is coming to pick up Roosevelt tomorrow! I know someone who loves that boy as much as she does will give him a fabulous home. Thanks, Milli! Look forward to meeting you on Sunday.
big_smile.png

Roosevelt has gone to his new home. His mama, Nugget, is pitiful! Everyone else is on the roost adn she is wandering the floor, looking for her baby boy.
hit.gif
I knew it would be hard on both of them, but I just didn't have a place for the big guy. Wish I could keep all the roosters. Now, to try to sell the babies, too.
sad.png

Cattitude, so nice to meet you and your hubby today! Wish it hadn't been such a long drive, but maybe the road back will be easier.

Roosevelt is such a prince! Nary a problem on the way home. When Vic and I stopped for a fast food supper, we bought a toasted bun for Roosevelt and he ate dinner right along with us.
smile.png
We got home around 1 am Central and set up the largest traveling cage we have, for him to spend the night. Today we worked on his temporary accommodations and got him into them around roosting time, so I won't be able to get pictures until tomorrow.

Poor Nugget! I hope she perks up soon. You have a beautiful home and gorgeous chickens! Thank you for the excellent blueberry bread, too... I ate it for breakfast, and sent mental thanks with every bite.

Mom and Dad were puzzled about why we traveled so far "just to get a chicken". They're not critter people. But they were impressed when they saw Roosevelt!

Last edited:
So sorry that I've been tardy! Been working at the farm to fix up the old chicken house and pens, and then helped Vic move. I've acquired a few more foster cats (and one of them had kittens under my sofa).

Here's the latest pic of Roosevelt. He's starting to crow!

56682_100_1523_the_red_blue_blur.jpg

He looks great, Milli! Look at that awesome blue tail, those flaming red saddle feathers! He's going to mature into a real stunner. Is the crowing awful? I never even heard him attempt a crow here.

It sounds like an entire tuberculosis ward trying to gargle. Funniest thing I ever heard! At first I thought, what is that... noise? Then I realized!
lau.gif
gig.gif

ADD: That is half of a standard concrete block behind him, and he makes it look small. Wowzer!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom