The Replacements: GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE from Ideal

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by congdon476, Jan 30, 2009.

1. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    OK- after the ones last week took and extra freezing night to get here in a smashed box (I blame the USPS for this)- this set arrived on time and kicking. Here's the 5 of the 25 they packed in the box. A neighbor took the packing peanuts-- a DISTANT neighbor [​IMG]
    Ideal was excellent in shipping them out and replacing the lost ones free of charge- and quickly. Thank you!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    congdon your whole shipment was DOA? I'm sorry, I think I would be pretty traumatized to open my box up to find no survivors.
    I was supposed to get an order from Ideal this week but I've pushed it off for a 2-11-09 shipment date. I praying for decent weather. You never know around here [​IMG]

3. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    Not the whole shipment but only 2 of the 7 I actually ordered made it and several of the packing peanuts didn't make it. I was prepped when the postal guy came out and said "It doesn't look good". I was also a little prepped because I knew they were a day late and it had gotten below 0 the night before I was called to pick them up. It was pretty sad. I still say it was most likely the combo of a day late delivery and it looked like the box had been crushed on one side. The lady on the phone from Ideal was very sympathetic and they shipped them out 2 days later to replace the ones lost.

4. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    So from the ship date to delivery how long did that take? And yes Ideal has been VERY patient with me, I've been a pest [​IMG]

5. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    They shipped out at noon on Wednesday from Idea in Texas and arrived at 7am Saturday here in Colorado. I was quite the pest with them too and they are VERY patient. This batch shipped out Wednesday and arrived this morning (Friday)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  6. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Good, I'm hoping mine go out the 11th and get here at least by Fri. Some people said they've got theirs the next day. So I guess it does all depend on the PO. And now that they're taking one delivery day away, there's more of a chance the babies will be sitting somewhere.

7. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    See- now that's another reason I don't think they'll take away a weekday in the middle to not deliver mail. If they are going to make it a 5 day delivery time, then give the postal people Saturday or Monday off. Tuesday is just silly.

8. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Oh wow! I hadn't heard any particular days mentioned. I was going to say I'd be upset if I were a PO deliverer but then if were them I would step back and just be thankful I had a job.
    I've pretty much been staying away from the news lately except for the weather. It's all so very disturbingly depressing with all the job loss, and closings of businesses. Very scary.

9. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm glad your babies arrived happy and healthy today. [​IMG] I felt really bad for you last week. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by