1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The rest of my hens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SweetLilRachy00, Nov 2, 2007.

1. SweetLilRachy00

SweetLilRachy00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2007
    Simpsonville, SC
    Here are the rest of my hens (or I believe they are all hens...one crows though! [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any breed guesses?

I have 12 hens in all, but the others are just the same as the ones pictured.

2. SweetLilRachy00

Oct 30, 2007
    Simpsonville, SC
    Those pictures turned out really bad, I'll see about getting better ones later...If I need to.

3. Matt Berry

Matt Berry Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2007
    SE Michigan
    From what I can see of them it appears to be some Easter Eggers and a Black Australorp.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hmm, don't think it's an Australorp because she appears to have white earlobes and a slimmer body. What she is, I'm not sure.

5. SweetLilRachy00

Oct 30, 2007
    Simpsonville, SC
    I supposed that I probably have all "mixed breeds" then. Wow. and FIL was supposed to get "good birds" too.
    I guess as long as they lay then DH will be happy....we'll see...

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I don't know that the black one is a mixed breed; I just don't know what she is, other than pretty! I started out wanting all purebreds and all of my birds, except for four accidental crosses, are pure. Still, I would not trade my crosses for anything. Three of the four are standard Cochin/Silkie over Barred Rock and they are adorable, full of personality, super-friendly and great layers. Didn't plan on them being anything except pure BRs, but now that I have them, I wouldn't trade any one of those girls for any other bird on the planet.

7. SweetLilRachy00

Oct 30, 2007
    Simpsonville, SC
    I guess I just wanted to know what breeds they were to research them and stuff, or to rather say which bird I was talking about in a specific post. Or just to know, because someone is bound to ask me what breed they are sooner or later! And I don't want to say, "duuuuhhh, i doon't knooooow"

I am about to go out there and check on them again and I'll see about some better pictures.

i know they aren't too friendly as they like to peck at your hands!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by