Songster
11 Years
Jul 22, 2008
Arizona
I have six EE's from Cackle, and today i got 6 green/blue eggs
celebrate.gif

Four green and two blue!

13500_img_0208.jpg

I just ordered a few EE's from Ideal, now I feel like canceling and ordering more EE's from Cackle. I love the coloring of my birds as well.

Last edited:
I didn't even know you could get EEs from Ideal! Are they labeled as EEs or as Ameraucanas?

Beautiful eggs, by the way. I love the green ones!

I'd love to see some pics of your Cackle EEs too.

I have some Ideal EEs...but they're not quite 15 weeks old, so no idea what the egg colors are for awhile yet. Of 10 girls, there are 6 feather color patterns.

Sure, I'll take some pictures tomarrow to post, it's dark here now.

I love my Cackle EE's, infact even though I'm ordering from Ideal this year, I had a very good experience w/Cackle.

Quote:
Yes, they are labeled as Ameraucanas.
hmm.png

Oh-right. So are the two the same? I always heard Ameraucanas are an actual breed, and EEs are just mutts related to them. Maybe I'm getting this all mixed up...?
tongue.png

Either way, I ordered some Ameraucanas the other day from Ideal. They're supposed to be coming in sometime next week-I'm so excited!

Last edited:
All commercial hatcheries that I know of call their EE's Ameraucanas, Araucanas, or Americanas but they don't meet the breed standards. Therefore they are EE's. You are more likely to get more green eggs than blue.

Back
Top Bottom