1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The results of my productive snow day!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Henrietta23, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    We pretty much knew yesterday we were going to have a snow day today. We went and got canning jar lids, apples and pears, dried figs and apricots, etc. I started last night and continued through the day making jelly, jam, marmalade, quick bread and English muffins as well as a small batch of apple sauce with the left over apples. The results: 19 jars of jams, etc., a big loaf of pumpkin bread, two dozen English muffins, a quart and a half of apples sauce (the half got eaten for dinner!). I'm still going to make a sandwich loaf tonight. I think I'm going to let my bread machine do it though, I'm tired!

[​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

You are making me hungry!

3. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    We just polished off the beef stew with dumplings. Sorry! You could have headed over..... [​IMG]

4. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I've got a loaf of bread going in the machine. I wanted to make cookies for our school lunches but I'm going to read to my son then I'm going to bed myself.

5. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Is there a recipe posted somewhere for English Muffins?
    I would love to try making them
    thanks

6. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I was just thinking today that I would like to make english muffins....How do you do it?

7. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
  8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I'm tired jsut looking at all of that!

9. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Quote:Hi,

Your goodies look great, you must have had a REALLY busy day! We had a dreadful snow storm here today, also. So I made a big pot of beef stew and a loaf of bread with my bread machine to go with it.

Just wondering, what kind of bread machine do you have and how do you like it? My machine is on it's "last legs" [​IMG] and I'm thinking of getting another one and I'm not sure which one to choose.

Thanks a lot! [​IMG] Genie

10. Donnadzitall

Donnadzitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Granite Falls WA
    [​IMG] Very impressive! I love displaying my canned goods, they look so pretty when they are done! It's hard to put them away huh? Everything looks beautiful. I'm going to look up the english muffin recipe! Thanks for the inspiration!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by