The Rogue Roo has found a Home-finally a pic

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by coloradochick, Apr 11, 2009.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    So 3 days ago a woman comes to the door as I'm making dinner and tells me she lives on the corner at the end of the street and she's got my rooster in her yard and her dogs are trying to eat him. I think to myself all 11 of my free rangers are in the yard but I go check to make sure anyways. Nope, can't be my roo. Yesterday comes about the same time and another woman comes to the door "I think your rooster is by our house, we live blah, blah, blah" I told her no he's not ours BUT what's he look like [​IMG]
    "He's huge and gold" she says. I didn't have time to go look. So this morning comes around and a man comes to the door and says "Hi, I'm your neighbor a few streets over......" And I stop him and say "The rooster isn't mine" We both laugh. He realizes he's not the firtst to come ask. But he said he's really hungry and he doesn't want the dogs down there to get him so he was going to call Animal Control to come and get him. I tell him I'll be down later to look and bring some food. Well, after picking my oldest daughter up we ran down there to see the Rogue Roo and this man has him in a feed bag and is going to take him home. He asks if I want him, I said I really don't need another roo but yeah I'll take him. We got him home and he's a huge Buff Orp (I think). He's sleeping now and is SOOO tame. He let my daughter pick him up with no fight. So I'm trying to figure out what to do with him, since he seems to be pretty friendly, I might keep him and get rid of a couple of others. That was our excitement for the week. I'll try to get a pic of him.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    very cool! i cant wait to see his pics!

3. emilyweck

emilyweck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Eugene, Oregon
    Love that story......Don't forget to post photos of him. How do you think he got there? If he's so tame do you think someone dumped him there?

4. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I'm guessing someone dumped him. He's seems to be older than the rest of my crew and his crow is much deeper than the year old squirts that he was having a crow off with this evening. Pics tomorrow [​IMG]

5. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's Zilla the BO roo.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  6. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    He is sooooooooooooooooooo gorgous [​IMG]

7. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Thanks pringle, just not sure what to do with him. I've got a few roos that I would like to find homes for and he is probably one of them. I have a NN roo that needs a good home and couple of banties. I just hate getting rid of them but it's time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by