1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The roos that just wont crow!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by QBRanch, Dec 7, 2008.

1. QBRanch

QBRanch Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2008
    Colorado
    Ok, so I have three roos. Two which just won't crow. One is pretty with his little spurs and all the other no spurs but just as pretty. The breed is a toss up with those two. My third one is a NHR roo. He is about 6 months old and yet not a crow has been heard. I really was excited to hear them all. I am hoping soon they will crow! LOL Maybe I am just weird like that. At least DH says i am weird!

2. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

It seems to me that crowing is because of dominance. The lower order roos probably won't crow much. Mine don't. I have 1 grown and 2 babies in a pen and the babies stopped crowing when I put the adult in there. I even had a couple hens crow when the roos are away. I think that as long as they are in the same pen one will do most of the crowing.

3. QBRanch

QBRanch Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2008
    Colorado
    i hope soon one will crow wether it be the older one or the younger ones.. Either way I WANT ONE... lol

by the way I love your saying about the attention span... That is so like me! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by