The rooster in Ambien CR's TV commercial

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sunny Side Up, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    My boys & I are big fans of the red rooster in the Ambien CR TV commercial. The boys will come running into the room when they hear him crow on TV, and stay to watch him looking up at the windows above him and to walk slowly down the darkened street.

Who else here is fond of this famous bird? We think he's handsome, but don't know what breed he might be. His comb looks so big & sort of puffy.

As much as we like this roo, I thought it would have been better to show the cured insomniac enjoying a fresh chicken dinner at the end of the commercial. But perhaps that would be too upsetting to the general public...

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He looks sort of like a RIR that lost his comb points to frostbite or was dubbed.

I love the line, "Are you tired of morning coming in the middle of the night? Try Ambien CR". I keep thinking, now how am I going to get that rooster to take Ambien?????? [​IMG]

3. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] What a good idea for the people that ask how to keep their roos quiet!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG] It's a tiny roo. Then again Ken says all roos are tiny compare to our Big Boy.

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I also like that Roo! He looks like a Rhose Island Red that was Dubbed... At least thats What I have been thinking this whole time.

6. I have a RIR roo that has the "rose" comb, BUT it still does not look like the comb that roo has on the commercial.

It does look like his comb has been "dubbed". but it could be a wierd shaped rose comb.

He was perhaps picked for the commercial becuase of his special looks.

He is a handsome roo.

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Does he look like he's been debeaked also? he does to me...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by