The Rooster Reff

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by bossynbella, Feb 16, 2008.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Last week after feeding our chickens I was just standing there watching them when two of our white silky hens started bickering about something. Then our Top Rooster Kramer let out this strange half crow and they stopped. Soon one of them started in on the other again. This time Kramer stopped eating and went over and puffed out his chest and flapped his wings at them and again they stopped he went back to eating. Soon the other one started in again and this time he went over and shooed one over to the corner and when the other started heading toward it again shoved her back to the other side. Then he looked back and forth at them a little. Half crowed again and went back to eating.
    I stood out there for another 15 min and those two little silky hens didn't fight again!

It was so cool especially since he is so huge and was so gentle about it. But he sure made them behave.

Just wanted to share it it made me laugh just thinking about it again.

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    my silkie roo does the same thing. When the 2 roos go at it he pecks really hard on the one who started

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by